Thousands Attend Burials of two Palestinians
Some 6,000 Palestinians attended military funerals held Thursday for a Palestinian suicide bomber and a police officer killed in clashes with Israeli soldiers.
In the west Bank city of Hebron, Palestinian security officers gave an official 21-gun salute to Sufian al Jabarin, a Hamas fighter who was 23 years old when he blew himself up in 1995 on a bus in Jerusalem, killing five other people and wounding around 100 more.
The Israeli army handed Jabarin's remains over to his family on Wednesday.
"Onward, Onward Hamas! You are the gun and we are your bullets," shouted many of the mourners at his funeral.
In the Gaza Strip, some 1,000 relatives and supporters attended a military funeral for Yusif Mahmud Abu Nahal, 24, who died Wednesday from a bullet wound he received when an Israeli soldier shot him in West Bank town of Ramallah last month.
Abu Nahal, a member of the Palestinian military intelligence force, was the seventh Palestinian to die from injuries suffered during widespread clashes and gunfights with Israeli soldiers in the West Bank and Gaza Strip in May - HEBRON (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Four Palestinians Wounded after Hebron Funerals
- 11 Palestinians dead in Gaza Strip and West Bank
- Palestinian Boy Dies of Wounds Suffered in Gaza Strip Clashes
- Israeli Soldiers Kill Three Palestinians, Wound 31 in Gaza, West Bank
- Five Palestinians Wounded in Clashes with Israeli Troops in West Bank, Gaza