Three Britons Arrested in Saudi Arabia for Alcohol Offences
Three Britons have been arrested in Saudi Arabia on suspicion of producing or smuggling alcohol, reported Iran News Agency, quoting the Guardian newspaper.
The paper, quoting diplomats at the British embassy in Riyadh on Friday, said that the Britons were arrested following a series of bomb attacks in Saudi Arabia over the past week, in which one British citizen was killed and four others injured.
The paper said that the Saudi authorities uncovered what was suspected to be an illicit alcohol ring during investigations into the bombings, according to the agency.
British citizens have been the targets of bomb attacks in the Gulf country during which more than three Britons were killed in less than a month -- Albawaba.com
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Saudi Police Crack Ethiopian Prostitution Ring, Distilleries
- '\'Drunken'\' Saudi motorist accidentally hit gate at U.S. consulate in Jeddah
- Five Britons Held in Saudi Over Alcohol Offences
- Swiss diplomats on trial for smuggling alcohol into Saudi Arabia
- Britons Held in Saudi Could Face Flogging over Alcohol Charges