Three Dead as Tehran Sewer Tunnel Collapses
Three workers were killed when a central Tehran sewer tunnel collapsed late Saturday, suffocating them, reported Iran News Agency (IRNA).
The agency said the bodies of two engineers, aged 28 and 30, had been recovered Sunday, but it would take several hours to bring out the third, of an Afghan worker.
The three had gone into the tunnel to find out why another part of the system had fallen in, IRNA said.
Tehran City Hall and a private company have been constructing the first proper underground sewerage network for the 10-million-inhabitant city - Albawaba.com
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Turkey\'s STFA Wins Algerian Bid to Build $47m Tunnel
- Mountainous tunnel connecting Horidha city unveiled in Yemen
- At Least 21 Dead after Collapse at Gold Mine in Southern China
- Reports: 100 Workers trapped in tunnel collapse in Iran
- Three Palestinians shot dead at Gaza Strip crossing; Israeli forces move into Nablus