Three die in housing collapse in Morocco
Three people died and another two were injured when the ground gave way during construction of a building Casablanca, Tuesday November 9, according to local press sources. Two workers were killed instantly when the soil gave way and a police officer was also killed trying to help the workers, according to the local regional police commander at Casablanca, Abderrahim Kabbaj.
Two other police officers were slightly wounded and were evacuated to the Ibn Rochd university hospital. The President of the Council of Architects of Casablanca, Azeddine Nekmouch said that the workers did not carry out due security procedures and that the foundations of the building were not sufficiently deep. (albawaba.com)
- At least six construction workers killed after building collapsed in the UAE
- Police Clash With Striking Metal Workers in Spain, Eight Wounded
- US soldier, Iraqi killed in blasts as seven people wounded in attack on Mosul building
- Morocco denies reports on new suicide bombing attack
- Morocco: Four bombers, police officer killed