Three, including ruling party parliament member - killed in Algeria
Three people, including a parliamentarian for Algeria's ruling party, have been killed by armed extremists, local people said Saturday.
The three - an MP for the National Liberation Front (FLN), a member of the armed forces and a customs official - were ambushed late Friday by a group of some 30 armed men in the Kabylie region, near its main city Tizi Ouzou, about 110 kilometers east of Algiers.
The extremists, from the Salafist Group for Preaching and Combat (GSPC), were operating a mock roadblock in a mountainous, wooded area near Boghni, a town 25 kilometers south of Tizi Ouzou, local people said. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Algeria hosts jewelry and pottery fair
- Iraq parliament blast: At least eight dead, including three lawmakers
- Egypt\'s Ruling Party Wins 80 percent of Parliament\'s Seats amid Violence
- Three Killed, Dozens Injured as Egyptians Vote for Parliament
- French Parliament Members wrap up controversial stay in Iraq