Three Iraqi women, civilian killed in Mosul as Baghdad mortar round blast injures one
Gunmen shot and killed three Iraqi women who worked at a U.S. base in northern Iraq and a mortar barrage killed another civilian, police said Wednesday.
The three women were killed late Tuesday as they were
returning home from the base in Mosul, said police 1st Lt.
Ziyad Mahmoud Danoun. It was not immediately known what
jobs they held there.
A fourth woman in the vehicle escaped unharmed, but their
driver was injured, Danoun said.
Meanwhile, several mortar rounds exploded near the convention center where delegates to Iraq's new
National Council met for the first time Wednesday inside
the heavily guarded Green Zone, wounding one person, the
U.S. military said.
Several shells exploded near a checkpoint outside and an
hour later, two rounds landed in the Green Zone itself,
sending up a plume of gray smoke, said Lt. Col. Steven
Boylan, a spokesman for the U.S.-led occupation's press
"There were between three to five impacts around the
checkpoint there causing one injury, an Iraqi citizen, and
he is being treated," Boylan said of the first attack. (Albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Two US troops killed in Fallujah as Iraqi civilian killed in Baghdad attack
- Suicide bomber kills at least one policeman near UN headquarters in central Baghdad; Blast rocks Mosul police station
- Attacks against Iraqi security forces kill at least nine
- Baghdad bridge attacked as al Qaeda abducts 23 men
- Six Iraqis dead as US forces raid Mosul