Three Iraqis killed in car blast as US forces nab al Sadr brother-in-law
Three Iraqis were killed and 18 others injured, including a senior police officer, when a car bomb detonated at Balad Ruz, 75 kilometres northeast of Baghdad.
"A car bomb exploded at 7:45 am as Colonel Ali Ismail, head of the Baqubah police investigation department, was driving by in a convoy," local police chief General Mohammed Dawd told AFP Wednesday.
Ismail and three of his aides were among those hurt in the blast.
Elsewhere, a close aide to Moqtada Sadr was arrested by US forces in the Iraqi holy city of Najaf, a spokesman for Sadr's office said.
"The American forces arrested today Sayed Ryad Al-Nuri one of Moqtada Sadr's closest assistants and also his brother-in-law," Fuad Al-Turfi told reporters Wednesday. (albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- At least 25 dead in Iraq blast as three more U.S. soldiers killed
- US threat on Moqtada Sadr: Aide reportedly arrested in Baghdad, Tehran denies asylum reports
- US wants to ''kill or capture'' Sadr as Iraqi killed in Baghdad mortar attack
- Baghdad blast kills at least four as three US troops die in clash, ambush
- Car bomb kills three in Turkey