Three Iraqis killed in car blast as US forces nab al Sadr brother-in-law
Three Iraqis were killed and 18 others injured, including a senior police officer, when a car bomb detonated at Balad Ruz, 75 kilometres northeast of Baghdad.
"A car bomb exploded at 7:45 am as Colonel Ali Ismail, head of the Baqubah police investigation department, was driving by in a convoy," local police chief General Mohammed Dawd told AFP Wednesday.
Ismail and three of his aides were among those hurt in the blast.
Elsewhere, a close aide to Moqtada Sadr was arrested by US forces in the Iraqi holy city of Najaf, a spokesman for Sadr's office said.
"The American forces arrested today Sayed Ryad Al-Nuri one of Moqtada Sadr's closest assistants and also his brother-in-law," Fuad Al-Turfi told reporters Wednesday. (albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Sadr agrees to follow guidance of highest Shiite religious leaders; Despite Fallujah truce US forces kill five Iraqis
- Sadr sets conditions for end of fighting
- US soldier, seven Iraqis killed as clashes resume in Najaf
- Iraq: At least eight killed in blast as senior ”Sadrist” shot dead by US forces
- Iraq: Sadr City clashes raise April death toll as blast kills nine