Three Israeli soldiers wounded in military base explosion
A blast rocked an Israeli army firing range on Monday, wounding three soldiers, two of them seriously, medical officials said. The explosion occurred in near the central Israeli city of Rishon Lezion, the Israeli rescue service said, according to the AP.
The two seriously wounded officers were evacuated by helicopter.
The blast apparently occurred during an experiment being conducted at the base, Ynet reported. The Israeli army said the circumstances surrounding the incident were under investigation.
It seems the blast took place in or not far from the Israeli Palmachim air base, where Israel has been testfiring its new missiles.
- Gaza Strip: Three Israeli troops wounded in blast; Israeli withdrawal delayed
- Israeli Civilian Lightly Wounded from Bomb Explosion in Gaza
- Blast in Nablus injures Israeli soldiers
- Army: Israeli Officer Seriously Wounded in Grenade Explosion
- No dead in bombing attack at northern Israel as Sharon cabinet expected to weigh response to Rishon Letzion assault