Three Killed, Scores Injured in Suicide Bombing in Turkey
Two Turkish policemen were killed and more than 35 others were injured when a suicide bomber blew himself up in central Istanbul on Monday, said reports.
Eight policemen were among the injured in the blast near the busy Taksin Square, according to initial reports, cited by the Turkish Daily News.
A left-wing group protesting the deaths of hunger strikers claimed responsibility for the carnage, TV reports said, cited by the paper.
Thirty-three hunger strikers have died protesting maximum security prisons. The last death was on Friday.
The suicide bomber reportedly targeted a police position at the square.
A similar suicide bomb attack at the same square left several persons injured but only killed the bomber two years ago, said the paper – Albawaba.com
- Four killed in Turkey blast, Kurdish group may be behind attack
- Iraq: US diplomat survives blast as six Iraqis killed
- Suicide bomb at U.S. embassy in Turkey kills 2
- Three killed in suicide bombing in Israeli port city of Eilat
- One Israeli Policeman Killed, Two Injured in Suicide Bombing Attack Near Jerusalem