Three Killed, Scores Injured in Suicide Bombing in Turkey
Two Turkish policemen were killed and more than 35 others were injured when a suicide bomber blew himself up in central Istanbul on Monday, said reports.
Eight policemen were among the injured in the blast near the busy Taksin Square, according to initial reports, cited by the Turkish Daily News.
A left-wing group protesting the deaths of hunger strikers claimed responsibility for the carnage, TV reports said, cited by the paper.
Thirty-three hunger strikers have died protesting maximum security prisons. The last death was on Friday.
The suicide bomber reportedly targeted a police position at the square.
A similar suicide bomb attack at the same square left several persons injured but only killed the bomber two years ago, said the paper – Albawaba.com
- Natanya bombing attack: three Israelis killed, scores injured; PA condemns
- Suicide Bombing Attack in Jerusalem; Scores of Israelis Injured
- Report: Left-Wing Extremists Behind Killing of Turkish Policemen
- Bombing attacks kill scores in Iraq
- Scores of US soldiers wounded in Mosul car bomb attack as rocket kills three civilians in Baghdad mosque