Three Palestinian Schoolchildren Killed in Gaza
Three Palestinian Schoolchildren Killed in Gaza Strip
Three Palestinian schoolchildren were killed Thursday when Israeli tanks fired shells near their school in Khan Yunis in the Gaza Strip, AFP reported.
A Palestinian security official was quoted by the agency as saying that the three victims were aged between 12 and 15.
Officials at Khan Yunis hospital said they had received the bodies of two young Palestinians aged around 13, while the age of the third could not be determined because of the state of the body, it added.
Meanwhile, the Israeli troops and Border Police forces overnight shut down Palestinian Authority security offices operating in an east Jerusalem village, the Jerusalem Post said.
The closure, according to the Israeli Radio, came to prevent potential future terrorist actions in the Jerusalem area.
An army spokesman was quoted as saying that the offices in Azariya in the West Bank are used by Palestinian general intelligence services, preventative security and public security.
He said Azariya was in so-called zone B of the West Bank, under Palestinian civilian rule but Israeli security control – Albawaba.com
- Hamas Member, Four Palestinian Policemen Killed by Israeli Troops in West Bank, Gaza Strip
- Gaza Strip: At least five Israeli soldiers killed in Palestinian attack on militay outpost
- Israeli forces kill six Palestinians in West Bank and Gaza Strip
- Gaza Strip: One Palestinian killed in blast; Activists resist PA arrests
- Palestinian blows himself up in West Bank, Israeli fire wounds Palestinian in Gaza Strip