Three Palestinians dead, including local leader of Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades
A Palestinian fighter was shot dead by Israeli troops in fierce clashes in the northern West Bank town of Jenin, Palestinian medics said.
Palestinian security sources named the man as Khaled al-Hawi, 24, a local leader of Fatah's Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades. Three other fighters were also injured in this incident, medics said.
The clashes broke out after dozens of Israeli troops surrounded a house where members of Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades had taken refuge, witnesses and security sources told AFP.
Meanwhile, a Palestinian girl died Monday of wounds she sustained last week in the southern Gaza Strip city of Rafah, while another civilian wounded in Khanyounis City, south of Gaza, Palestinian medical sources said.
Medics at al-Najjar Hospital in Rafah told WAFA that the 4-year-old Hana' ah-Sha'er died Monday of severe wounds she sustained last Thursday when Israeli occupation troops stormed al-Barazil neighbourhood of Rafah.
Meanwhile, a civilian sustained severe wounds and bruises in the head and the leg when Israeli troops knocked down the stairs of his house over him.
Earlier, Israelii helicopters fired three missiles Sunday night at a metal workshop in the Jabaliya refugee camp, north of Gaza City. Palestinian sources said six people were injured in the attack.
A fourth missile was fired in a separate strike on another metal workshop in Gaza city, but there were no reports of casualties. The Israeli army said the metal workshops targeted were used to manufacture homemade Qassam rockets.
Meanwhile, Palestinian witnesses said occupation troops shot and killed 28-year-old Rifat Abu Amra in Rafah in the southern Gaza Strip overnight Sunday, AFP reported. On Sunday, three other Palestinians were shot dead. (albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigades claim responsibility for settler killing as three Palestinians shot dead
- Al-Aqsa Martyrs Claims Responsibility for Army Camp Attack; Israel Says It Captured Three Suicide Bombers Alive
- Four settlers shot dead near Hebron; Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades claims attack
- Palestinian girl shot dead as Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades apologize for killing Arab student in Jerusalem
- Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigades claims responsibility for shooting attacks in West Bank; Four Israelis killed