Three Palestinians Killed in Clashes with Israeli Troops in Palestinian Territories
A Palestinian policeman was shot and killed by Israeli soldiers clashing with Palestinians in the Arab village of al-Khader near the West Bank town of Bethlehem, medical sources said.
His death brings to three the number of Palestinians killed Wednesday In clashes with Israeli troops in Palestinian territories.
Mohammed Mahmud al-Harub, 30, died after being shot twice in the upper body and leg. Witnesses said the uniformed police officer, who was posted at a Palestinian checkpoint in the divided village, was not involved in the clashes.
Two Palestinians died earlier after being shot by Israeli troops in clashes Wednesday at the Karni crossing between the Gaza Strip and Israel, hospital sources said.
Ahmed Tayah, 15, was shot in the head and died during surgery, Shifa hospital said.
Earlier, the hospital reported the death of Mohammed Ibrahim Hajaj, 17, who was hit by a heavy caliber bullet from a machine-gun that blew off much of his face, doctors said.
The deaths bring to 167 the number of people killed in more than a month of violent confrontations across the Palestinian territories - (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Two Palestinians Killed in Clashes, One Dies of Injuries
- Palestinian Boy Dies of Wounds Suffered in Gaza Strip Clashes
- Death Toll Rises to Five in Confrontations with Israeli Troops in Palestinian Lands
- Second Palestinian Killed by Israeli Fire in Gaza Strip
- Israeli Troops Kill Palestinian Teenager in Gaza Clash