Three Palestinians killed in Gaza Strip; Israeli raid on Jenin ends
Three Palestinians were killed in various incidents since Thursday afternoon until Friday morning.
Meanwhile, Israeli troops ended early Friday their operation in the center of Jenin and its old city and pulled out of this West Bank city. The large-scale raid started Wednesday evening.
Occupation troops arrested overnight Friday six Palestinians in the West Bank, three of them in Jenin, and raided the Gaza Strip towns of Khan Yunis and Rafah.
Early Friday, Israeli troops killed a Palestinian fighter trying to cross into Israel from the Gaza Strip, south of Katif crossing, Israel Radio reported.
The Israeli side said the man was armed with hand grenades
and was carrying an explosive belt.
Also in the Gaza Strip, another Palestinian was killed and at least one other wounded when an Israeli tank fired a flechette round at a town in central Gaza Strip Thursday, Palestinian medical and security sources said.
Mohammed Abu Sbeitan, 21, was killed in Deir al-Balah by the lethal shell which sprays thousands of darts over hundreds of metres, the sources said.
Elsewhere, Israeli troops shot dead a Hamas member during the raid into the southern Gaza city of Khan Yunis, Palestinian security sources said. Relatives said the 24-year-old had been wounded and was being carried to his house when soldiers shot him dead in a nearby street. (Albawaba.com)
- Israel pulls out of Khan Yunis leaving 17 dead as Qurei urges int'l community to break silence over Israeli crimes
- Gaza clash: One Hamas member killed, three Israeli soldiers wounded as Israeli troops raid Jenin
- At least six Palestinians killed in Gaza Strip; Israel says Jenin pullout completed
- Gaza Strip split into three, two Palestinians killed in Jenin; Israel on high alert on eve of new Jewish Year
- Israeli fire kills four unarmed civilians in Gaza Strip, Curfew imposed on Jenin