Three Palestinians killed as Israeli army redeploys in Northern Gaza Strip
Three Palestinians were killed when an Israeli helicopter fired a missile at a group of people in the Jabalya refugee camp in the northern Gaza Strip early Friday morning.
The men were members of the Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades, sources said. Palestinian sources identified one of the victims as Wael Musa Saleh.
Overnight Friday, Israeli forces arrested three Palestinians in the West Bank.
Meanwhile, Israel's Prime Minister Ariel Sharon Thursday night accepted an army plan for redeployment in the northern Gaza Strip. Following the decision, occupation troops will start moving out of the outskirts of Jabalya, Beit Lahiya and Beit Hanun.
Sharon's decision came at the end of a meeting Thursday evening with Defense Minister Shaul Mofaz and senior officers, Haaretz reported. According to the new decision, the operation will continue, but with a reduction in the number of troops taking part. (albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Two Palestinians killed in car blast; Jordanian civilian shot dead on Israeli border; Israeli army redeploys in Jenin
- Israel withdrawing from Gaza cities, redeploying near border
- Gaza Strip: Three Palestinians killed by Israeli fire
- Report: Israeli Army Kills Palestinian in Gaza overnight
- Two Palestinians killed in Gaza Strip; Israel postpones Hebron redeployment