Three Palestinians killed as Israeli army redeploys in Northern Gaza Strip
Three Palestinians were killed when an Israeli helicopter fired a missile at a group of people in the Jabalya refugee camp in the northern Gaza Strip early Friday morning.
The men were members of the Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades, sources said. Palestinian sources identified one of the victims as Wael Musa Saleh.
Overnight Friday, Israeli forces arrested three Palestinians in the West Bank.
Meanwhile, Israel's Prime Minister Ariel Sharon Thursday night accepted an army plan for redeployment in the northern Gaza Strip. Following the decision, occupation troops will start moving out of the outskirts of Jabalya, Beit Lahiya and Beit Hanun.
Sharon's decision came at the end of a meeting Thursday evening with Defense Minister Shaul Mofaz and senior officers, Haaretz reported. According to the new decision, the operation will continue, but with a reduction in the number of troops taking part. (albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Israeli missile attacks kill five Palestinians in Gaza Strip
- Israeli incursion in northern Gaza Strip continues; Low expectations from Sharon, Abu Mazen meeting
- Fifth day of Israeli attack on Gaza Strip: At least eight Palestinians killed; Death toll over 70
- 13 Palestinians killed by Israeli fire in Gaza Strip and West Bank
- Gaza Strip: Palestinian death toll climbs to 11