Three Palestinians killed, two girls injured in Gaza Strip; Clashes reported in Nablus
Israeli troops prevented an attack on a military outpost in the southern Gaza Strip early Monday morning, killing one of the Palestinians who attacked the base while two other Palestinians escaped, Israeli sources reported.
In a separate incident, two Hamas members were killed by Israeli fire near Beit Hanoun, in the northern Gaza Strip, after they apparently tried to plant an explosive device near the security fence, Israel Radio reported.
In another incident in the Gaza Strip, Palestinian security officials said seven houses were demolished and two teenage sisters seriously injured Sunday night when tanks and bulldozers moved into the outskirts of Rafah, near the Jewish settlement of Morag. The Israeli military said soldiers blew up two buildings used by Palestinians to set off explosions.
In Nablus, hundreds of Palestinian school students threw stones at Israeli soldiers enforcing a curfew. Troops fired, wounding seven protesters, including a 15-year-old who was in serious condition, doctors said.
- Two Palestinians Injured in Nablus School Lab Explosion
- Two Palestinians killed in Gaza Strip and Nablus, eight others injured; Three Palestinians die of wounds
- Israeli troops kill three Palestinians in Gaza Strip, demolish house in Nablus
- Israel reduces high state of alert; Hamas activist killed in Gaza Strip, while Nablus residents defy curfew
- Clashes in West Bank and Gaza: Three Palestinians, three Israelis killed