Three Palestinians shot dead; 20 Palestinians arrested
Palestinian sources in Gaza city reported Monday dawn that two Palestinians were killed when Israeli helicopters fired three missiles to the east of Jabalya refugee camp, eastern of the Gaza Strip.
Witnesses told WAFA that the Israeli helicopters raided attacked civilian targets in Abed Rabu estate, located to the east of Jabalya. In another attack, the helicopters opened fire against houses to the east of Gaza city, according to local sources.
Israeli military sources, quoted by international news agencies, said soldiers spotted Palestinians setting up a rocket launcher, and the helicopters targeted them, hitting one. Ambulances arrived at the scene but hesitated to enter because of Israeli gunfire, witnesses said.
The men were in a cemetery near the Gaza Strip town of Beit Hanun when they were spotted by helicopter gunships which immediately opened fire, the Israeli sources said.
Meanwhile, Israeli soldiers in the West Bank city of Nablus on Monday shot dead an unarmed 29-year-old Palestinian man, Palestinian sources reported. According to these sources, the man was shot in the head as he climbed onto the roof of his home during a curfew imposed during the Israeli operation.
Israeli forces arrested Monday morning 15 Palestinians at Israeli checkpoint of Abu Huli, southern the Gaza Strip, shortly before blocking the checkpoint denying the civilians access from-into Khan Younis city, witnesses said.
In the West Bank, Israeli occupation forces arrested Monday five Palestinians in the West Bank cities of Jenin and Ramallah, witnesses said. (albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Three Palestinians, including child, shot dead as scores arrested by Israeli forces
- Israel kills five Palestinian activists; Three Palestinians shot dead late Tuesday in Gaza Strip - schoolchildren
- Three Palestinians shot dead; Israel razes homes of Islamic Jihad activists
- Unarmed Palestinian man shot dead by Israeli forces near checkpoint
- Three Palestinians killed by Israeli fire in West Bank, some 20 arrested