Three Palestinians shot dead; Israel razes homes of Islamic Jihad activists
Three Palestinians were killed Monday by Israeli fire in separate incidents in the West Bank and Gaza Strip.
Israeli troops killed early Monday a Palestinian who infiltrated from Gaza Strip, Army Radio reported. The Palestinian was spotted near the communal farm of Nahal Oz.
The Palestinian opened fire at a tank. The soldiers returned fire, killing him, according to the radio.
Also on Monday Israeli troops shot and killed a Palestinian near the West Bank settlement of Kadim in the Jenin area.
In Nablus, Israeli soldiers killed a Palestinian who was hurling petrol bombs at them, witnesses said. A Palestinian witness told AP that Jamal Zabara was lighting a petrol bomb when soldiers shot him in the head. Zabara was taken to the hospital where he died.
Earlier, the Israeli army demolished the homes of two Islamic Jihad members who carried out a weekend attack on a Jewish settlement in which they killed four Israeli seminary students before being shot dead themselves. Israel said it razed the homes of Ahmed Ayed Faqih, 20, and Mohammed Mustafa Shahin, 20, both in the Hebron-area village of Dura.
Additionally, Israeli troops arrested eight Palestinians Sunday night, according to media reports. The men were turned into the Shin Bet, Israel's general security service, for questioning.
The men were arrested in the West Bank cities of Hebron, Tulkarem and Nablus. (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Palestinian boy shot dead, Islamic Jihad claims Wednesday bombing attack; Israel razes houses near Jerusalem, Ramallah
- Israel razes two West Bank homes, agrees to free Hamas, Islamic Jihad activists
- Islamic Jihad activist shot dead near Nablus
- West Bank: Israel kills three Islamic Jihad men
- Settlers kill Palestinian in West Bank; Islamic Jihad activist shot dead in Jenin