Three Syrians arrested in Lebanon for kidnapping servicemen, plotting attacks
Lebanese army forces on patrol in Arsal. (AFP/File)
The General Security arrested three Syrian nationals for participating in armed attacks against the army and security forces during the 2014 battles in the northeastern border town of Arsal, it said in a statement on Wednesday.
“Within the framework of tracking down "terror groups" and sleeper cells, the General Security arrested, based on the public prosecution's command, three Syrians T.G, A.G., and A.Z. on charges of taking part in armed battles in Arsal,” the statement said.
Investigations were run and the detained have confessed to belonging to a "terror group" and of engaging in armed attacks against the positions of the army and security forces.
They confessed to the kidnapping of servicemen and to attempting to kill others.
The detainees were referred to the related authorities and efforts are ongoing to track down others involved.
- Three Islamists Arrested in Lebanon for Plotting Kidnappings
- Lebanon issues warrants for two Syrians on terror charges in Arsal attack
- Abdullah Azzam Brigades militants plan attacks in Lebanese city, report says
- Lebanon charges forty-three militants over Arsal clashes
- Lebanese army prevents series of suicide attacks