Three U.S. soldiers injured in Mosul bomb explosion
Three American soldiers were wounded and a Humvee vehicle was damaged early Monday when a roadside bomb exploded as a military convoy drove over a bridge in the northern Iraqi city of Mosul, according to police.
"At 4:15 am (0115 GMT) we went to the scene after hearing an explosion. The Americans were already there and evacuated three wounded people. A Humvee was on fire," said police Lieutenant Ahmad Walid.
The American forces sealed off the area and helicopters flew overhead, he said.
A U.S. spokesman said he was not aware of the incident.
Meanwhile, in a seperate development, a guard at the offices of the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan in Mosul was wounded during an attack overnight, police said.
A witness said two grenades were hurled at the building and the assailants fired guns toward the offices. Two police offices were also attacked but there were no reports of victims. (Albawaba.com)
- US soldier, Iraqi killed in blasts as seven people wounded in attack on Mosul building
- Baghdad: Five Iraqis dead as two occupation soldiers killed in attacks
- Baghdad: Scores, including 35 children, killed in series of bombing attacks
- At least four dead in Iraq blasts
- Scores of US soldiers wounded in Mosul car bomb attack as rocket kills three civilians in Baghdad mosque