Three US soldiers killed in helicopter crash, British soldier killed near Basra
A Marine UH-1 Huey helicopter crashed at a forward supply and refueling point in southern Iraq, killing three people aboard, the U.S. military said. The cause of the 8:30 p.m. crash was unclear. One person was wounded, said a spokesman, 1st Lt. John Niemann, in Kuwait.
Earlier, a British soldier has been killed in action near the southern Iraqi city of Basra, a Ministry of Defense spokeswoman said on Sunday. "We can confirm a British solider has been killed today in action around Basra. That is all we can say at present," she said. (Albawaba.com)
- UK soldier dies in Basra ''accident'' as death toll rises to 67 in Irbil twin attacks
- Six British troops dead near Basra as US troops kill five Iraqis in separate incidents west of Baghdad
- British soldier killed in Basra as kidnappers threaten to behead US Marine
- Three US soldiers killed in Iraq
- Three US soldiers killed due to helicopter crash in Iraq