Three US soldiers killed in Iraq
Three American soldiers were killed on Thursday when they came under attack from gunfire and rocket-propelled grenades in northern Iraq, a military spokeswoman said.
The soldiers were from the 101st Airborne Division. It wasn't known exactly where the attack occurred or if any soldiers were injured, said Spc. Nicole Thompson, spokeswoman for V Corps in Baghdad, according to AP.
Reports were still coming in from the field, the spokeswoman added. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Attack in northern Iraq kills three US troops; Two Iraqis shot dead in Baghdad
- US soldier dies in Iraq as logic for war receives severe blow with Blix saying Saddam likely demolished WMD
- Another US copter crashes in Iraq as US soldier killed in grenade attack north of Tikrit
- Four US soldiers killed near Baghdad, Mosul
- Bomb attack near Tikrit injures four US soldiers