Three U.S. soldiers killed in new Baghdad attacks
Three US troops were killed and four wounded in two separate attacks in Iraq, the U.S. military said Monday.
Two soldiers were killed and two others wounded Sunday in
Baghdad after their patrol was targeted by a roadside bomb.
The other U.S. soldier was killed overnight in an attack in Abu Ghraib, west of the capital Baghdad, according to a military spokesman Monday.
Two other soldiers were injured in the attack.
Meanwhile, a Spanish soldier serving in Iraq died on Sunday after one of his colleagues accidentally fired a shot while cleaning his weapon, the Spanish defence ministry said.
The incident took place in the southern town of Diwaniyah in the area where the 1,300 strong Spanish contingent, serving with the U.S.-led occupation under Polish command, is based.
The soldier, Sergeant Luis Piga Gandar, 29, was operated on by the unit's military medical staff but they were unable to save him.
He is the third Spanish military officer to be killed in Iraq. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Three US soldiers killed in fresh Iraq attacks
- US Army: 15 soldiers killed in Iraq since Friday
- Iraq: Three US soldiers killed, seven wounded in separate incidents
- Senior official killed in Baghdad as at least eight occupation troops dies in attacks, clash
- Five Iraqis, four occupation soldiers killed in attacks