Three Yemen soldiers killed in attack
Three Yemeni troops died in an attack at a Yemeni checkpoint by suspected southern separatists, a government official said on Sunday. "Three soldiers were killed and one was injured when unknown armed people believed to belong to the southern movement attacked a checkpoint at the entrance to the city of Ataq," the official was quoted as saying by Reuters.
According to him, the assailants escaped after the attack in Shabwa province, southeast of Sanaa. Elsewhere in south Yemen, two protesters were hurt in clashes with security forces in the southern city of Dhaleh.
- Yemeni soldiers brandish their weapons as they take part in an offensive against extremists in the southern province of Shabwa, on May 7, 2014. The offensive began on April 29 in Yemen's rugged southern and central provinces, where a wave of US drone stri
- Yemen bomb attacks kill top general, three soldiers
- Six Al Qaeda members, three soldiers killed after militants attack east Yemen army base
- Dawn car bomb attack kills three in southern Yemen
- Yemen: At least 13 dead in Yemen attack, clashes