Top Egyptian Ministry of Economy Official Busted for Smuggling
Prosecutor Mahmoud Al Arousi has referred the director general of Egyptian Ministry of Economy’s deals and promotions department to the Higher Disciplinary Court on charges of attempting to smuggle a large number of mobile telephones and accessories, according to the Al Gomhuria Arabic daily.
The prosecutor general said Mahmoud Sami Mohammed Bader was caught while attempting to smuggle 37 mobile telephones, 47 batteries, 12 chargers and 20 antennae, adding that he agreed to pay the sum of 6,320 pounds as a customs settlement.
“Therefore, the accused has committed a violation that demands disciplinary action, because his shameful action is inconsistent with his profession’s dignity,” added the prosecutor – Albawaba.com
- Former Egyptian Finance Minister, Nine Senior Officials Prosecuted
- Top Egyptian Information Ministry Official Charged with ‘King Tut’ Corruption
- Alleged Bribes Could Land Former Egyptian Governor in Jail for Life
- Egyptian officials face negligence charges over painting theft
- Former Egyptian Lawmakers Face Imprisonment in Corruption Case