Top Russian Diplomat Meets Egyptian Envoy on Mideast Crisis
Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Vasily Sredin and Egyptian Ambassador to Russia Reda Shehata met Tuesday in Moscow to discuss bilateral ties and the deteriorating situation in the Middle East, according to the Russian news agency Novosti.
According to the agency, the officials called for urgent measures to deal with the Palestinian-Israeli conflict and to resolve the situation on the basis of the Mitchell plan.
The two sides also discussed outstanding problems of bilateral relations and possibilities of further developing the potential of Russian-Egyptian cooperation in various spheres, the agency quoted a statement as saying – Albawaba.com
- Arab FMs' Meeting Begins in Cairo, Mubarak Holds Talks with Arafat, Top Syrian Diplomat
- Senior South Korean envoy in Moscow for talks on nuclear crisis
- Russian Envoy Arrives in Egypt Saturday to Discuss Palestinian Crisis
- Saudi FM Visits Jordan for Mideast Crisis Talks
- Peres asks Mubarak help to revive Mideast peace efforts; Mubarak: Palestinians can continue attack for another 15 years