Top Saddam envoy postpones Egypt visit
Senior Iraqi official and President Saddam Hussein's cousin Ali Hassan al-Majid has postponed a visit to Egypt to discuss the Iraqi crisis, according to a source at the Egyptian presidency Wednesday, cited by AFP.
The source provided no new date for the visit of Majid, who is a member of the decision-making Revolutionary Command Council, and did not say why he has postponed his trip, planned initially for later this week.
The visit was announced earlier this week by Cairo and Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak confirmed he would meet the envoy Saturday and receive from him a message from Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Reports: US may strike Iraq even without new evidence on WMD, Saddam envoy postpones Cairo visit
- Mubarak to meet Saddam envoy on Saturday
- Egypt top envoy to Baghdad kidnapped as US Attorney General pays surprise visit
- Egypt's President postpones France visit
- Egypt Asks Czech PM to Postpone Cairo Visit After Comparing Arafat to Hitler