Culture clash: British woman who stripped off in Egypt sent to mental hospital
Beach at Sharm el Sheikh
A female British tourist was sent to a mental hospital in Upper Egypt's Aswan on Tuesday after she reportedly removed her clothes in public.
The 31-year-old was arrested in Luxor by tourism police on Monday.
Al-Ahram Arabic news website said the woman was found "doing bizarre movements" whilst naked and she had escaped from two hospitals in Luxor before being sent to the mental hospital in Aswan.
Luxor, known as the world's greatest open-air museum, is witnessing summer-like weather with temperatures rising to 32-36 degrees over the past few days.
- The naked truth: Why Muslims should 'buck' the stripping trend and keep their veils on
- Egypt's 'killing culture': As police and politicians lose their grip, mobs take justice into their own hands
- Israel Defense Minister: Army Given Green Light for Incursions
- Woman arrested for polygamy in Egypt
- Gunbattles Flare between Palestinians, Israeli Forces Friday