Tragedy in Yemen: At least 20 killed in truck turnover in busy market
Twenty people were killed and tens of others injured Tuesday when a tank truck turned over in an open-air Qat market in Yarem, in Ibb province, located some 100 kilometers from Aden, a reliable municipal source said, cited by the official SABA news agency.
The source told the agency that the truck crashed into a number of cars outside the al-Qarei market during the ruch hour, killing 20 people and injuring dozens of others.
The source added that rescue and medical teams were working hard to treat the wounded and get the corpses out of the broken cars. (Albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- 8-year-old Yemeni child dies at hands of 40-year-old husband on wedding night
- Theory vs. the Egyptian and Yemeni reality: is reforming fuel subsidies a legitimate tool for growth or an IMF farce?
- Yemen gets Saudi crude oil as fuel shortages spread
- Tragedy in Egypt: Over 20 killed in deadly crash
- Dubai: a hub for the Middle East - Beijing followed by inauguration of second MAN House