Trend Micro’s Threat News App Now Available in the App Store
Trend Micro's latest free app for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad is available today on the App Store. The Threat Watch App helps users get immediate access to breaking news on the latest threats and cybercrime intrigue directly, turning mobile devices into a personal threat resource center.
Threat Watch App links directly into TrendWatch, Trend Micro's threat resource and news center that provides current security advisories on recent threat activity, free tools, access to the Trend Micro malware blog, information on security awareness, and tips on online safety and threat prevention. With the Threat Watch App, users can find security information and advice wherever they take their iPhone, iPod touch or iPad.
Key Features of Threat Watch include:
- Direct access to Trend Micro blogs, including the Trend Micro Malware Blog with information on the latest threats.
- Direct access to TrendWatch, the Trend Micro threat-resource center that keeps users informed on the current threat activity and provides free security tools.
- Breaking threat news delivered right to the user's device; a small, on-screen banner alerts the user when there is a new threat or vulnerability.
- Direct access to educational videos on Internet threats and the threat landscape.
Trend Watch is available for free from the App Store or at www.itunes.com/appstore.
In addition to this latest news application, Trend Micro also offers the Trend Smart Surfing for iPhone and iPod touch, first introduced in 2009. Trend Smart Surfing is an Internet browsing tool that uses Trend Micro's Web reputation technology, a component of the Trend Micro™ Smart Protection Network infrastructure, to block users of iPhone and iPod touch from unintentionally visiting Web sites that may contain malicious content designed to steal confidential information and personal data. The Trend Micro™ Smart Protection Network™ infrastructure delivers advanced protection from the cloud, blocking threats in real-time before they reach you. It's security made smarter.
- Rise in Cyber Crime, Cyber Terrorism and Cyber Espionage Tied Heavilyto Data-Stealing Malware
- Trend Micro Security Advisory - Koobface Abuses Google Reader
- fraudsters cash in on region’s generosity and altruism, say trend micro
- Trend Micro develops advanced cloud-based mobile application dcanning technology – with capacity to process 5,000+ apps daily
- Trend Micro announces the Next Generation Mobile Security Solution for Android