Police arrest four 'terrorist elements' in raid in Tunis
Tunisian national security agents arrested four suspected terrorists in a raid in Sidi Bouzid governorate, the interior ministry said Thursday.
The ministry said the suspects were members of a banned organization, Tunisia Live reported.
During a raid on a shop, police seized a Kalashnikov rifle, ammunition, explosive material and equipment for making bombs, the ministry said.
Express FM said a police officer was wounded by gunfire during the raid, but the ministry statement did not mention any casualties.
The revolution that ousted former president Zine al-Abidine Ben Ali began in Sidi Bouzid in 2011 after a street vendor set himself on fire to protest a local official confiscating his wares.
- Assassin of Tunisian opposition MP Belaid allegedly killed in police raid
- Turkey rounds up and detains Al Qaeda suspects in major militant crackdown
- Suspected murderer of Tunisia opposition MP Brahmi arrested
- Iran arrests four suspected "terrorists"
- 51 arrested during Egypt police raid on Islamist stronghold in Cairo district