Tunisia: Shootout between security forces and militants in Ben Guerdane
Members of the Tunisian military patrol a road near the Libyan border on March 10, 2016 in Bouhamed, 40 km from the town of Ben Guerdane. (AFP/Fathi Nasri)
A fire exchange is taking place in Ben Guerdane between security and army units and militants around a house owned by one of the fighters classified as very dangerous, said a security source to TAP correspondent Sunday.
Security and army units managed Saturday evening in a similar operation to kill two militants holed up in a house located on Maamrat road in Ben Guerdane.
Sweeping operations have been on in Ben Guerdane since the March 7 attack against the city, during which 49 militants were killed and 8 others arrested.
- Tunisian forces arrest 16 militants near Ben Guerdane military barracks
- Two killed during clashes in Tunisia’s Ben Guerdane
- Tunisian PM says attacks on Libyan border aimed to create “Daesh emirate”
- Three Daesh militants arrested in Tunisia for involvement in Ben Guerdane attacks
- Tunisia raids militant hideout, five killed