Suicide bomber targets Tunisian beach resort
A suicide bomber detonated his explosives belt at a busy Tunisian beach resort on Wednesday. (AFP/File)
There were no immediate reports of casualties a security source said, according to Reuters.
Sousse is an important tourist destination near the capital Tunis, the Reuters report added.
Islamist militancy has been on the rise in Tunisia since the 2011 revolution that sparked the Arab Spring.
Around 15 soldiers and police have been killed since December as they track militants allegedly linked to al-Qaeda along the border with Algeria.
- Tunisia to close 80 mosques after beach attack for ‘inciting violence’
- Tourism is the real target of the Tunisia attacks: industry set to suffer
- Thousands of fearful tourists flee Tunisia after beach resort attack in Sousse
- Here’s a detail about the tourist attack in Tunisia you didn’t hear from mainstream news
- Suicide bomber kills four in Tunisia