Tunisian Group Begins Hunger Strike in Geneva
A number of Tunisian immigrants in Switzerland have begun Sunday a hunger strike, reported the Swiss NZZ Online.
They said the protest would last ten days and aims at showing solidarity with political prisoners in their country, said NZZ.
"The hunger strike is also aimed at raising public awareness in Switzerland about the human rights situation in Tunisia," one Tunisian was quoted as saying - Albawaba.com
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Moroccan, Algerian Illegal Immigrants in Spain Stage Hunger Strike
- RSF calls on Tunisian Government to heed hunger strikers demand
- Stakes Raised in Tunisia as Brother Joins Hunger Strike
- Five More Relatives of Tunisian Journalist Join Hunger Strike
- 10,000 Arab and Muslim Americans Protest, Hunger Strike Begins in front of White House