Tunisian national congress of lung disease
The work of the ninth National Congress of Lung Diseases took off in Tunis over the weekend with experts from Tunisia, Turkey, Italy, Algeria and Morocco. The specific proceedings concentrated a great deal on lung cancer and asthma problems and also tuberculosis.
Mohamed Ridha Kechrid, Tunisia's minister of public health spoke of the plague of lung cancer in Tunisia and recommitted his open support for health initiatives in the country. Mr Kechrid also emphasized the importance of prevention over cure.
Although there is not much medical research in Tunisia, North African scientists have in recent years brought knowledge and experience to the country and health policies throughout North Africa are steadily improving.
- Tunisia discovers extraterrestrial chemical element
- Over 2 million could suffer from lung disease in GCC
- 11th Congress of Neurology held in Hammam-Sousse
- Free health checks to visitors of Abu Dhabi Medical Congress 2010
- Motivational Interviewing; new technique used to transform unhealthy lifestyles in the UAE