Tunisian President to run for a fourth presidential term
Tunisian President Zine El Abidine Ben Ali on Monday disclosed plans to run for a fourth presidential term, an expected move following a constitutional change to allow for an unlimited number of terms.
According to SPA, the declaration came at the opening of the four-day congress of Ben Ali's ruling party, which must approve the candidacy of the 67-year-old president for a fourth five-year term.
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Tunisian President backs new law allowing re-election
- Tunisian president signs into law the new approved constitution
- Constitutional Reform in Tunisia Allows President Ben Ali to Stand For Another Term
- Yemen's National Congress Party Considers Proposed Constitutional Amendments
- Algerian opposition calls for election boycott in response to Bouteflika's re-election bid