Tunisian Red Crescent celebrates World First Aid Day
The Tunisian Red Crescent celebrated on September 10 the World First Aid Day. Dr. Taher Cheniti, the General Secretary of Tunisian Red Crescent said, "This day is an opportunity to underline the importance of first aid in social life. Tunisians must be aware of the role of first aid in order to protect their own life and lives of people around them." Cheniti has also noted that a first aid training center for volunteers will be opened in Magrine by the end of September. La Presse reports that the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies announced the second Saturday of September each year as the World First Aid Day.
- Dr. Brahim Gharbi awarded
- Tunisia hosts World Scouts meetings in Hammamet
- Vocational training programs to start in Tunisia
- International Cross and Red Crescent Union delegation visits Syria
- ExxonMobil Foundation Donates to Pakistan Flood Relief, Recovery Efforts Funds to Be Distributed Through the Red Crescent