Tunisian volleyball team qualifies for the World 2006 championship
<i>La Presse</i> reports that Tunisian volleyball team qualified for the World 2006, which will take place between September 20 and 30. After their third victory over Algeria in the second round qualification tournament, the Tunisian team secured the last African ticket for the 2006 World championship. With this victory, Tunisia has qualified for the seventh time to the world championship after the years 1962, 1970, 1974, 1978, 1982 and 2002. South Africa continued to surprise with its second victory over Morocco to secure the second position in the final ranking with five points in front of Algeria and Morocco.
- Tunisia qualifies for African Basketball Championship for Women
- Tunisian club qualifies for the final of African Handball Championship
- Tunisia suffers first defeat in 2005 Junior Men’s U 21 World Volleyball Championship
- Nigerian defeats Tunisia in 23rd African Basketball Championship
- Tunisia needs one point out of Morocco match