Turkey: Another round of indirect talks between Syria and Israel
Israeli officials on Sunday conveyed indirect peace talks between Israel and Syria have resumed, with Turkish mediation. The officials, who are close to the talks, said two top aides to Israel's Prime Minister Ehud Olmert are in Ankarafor the talks. They said a Syrian delegation is also there, and Turkish officials are shuttling between them.
According to the AP, they said the talks resumed Sunday and are expected to continue on Monday.
Israel and Syria announced last month that they were resuming negotiations using Turkish mediators.
- New round of Syria-Israel talks end; Ankara hopes to see progress
- Syria wants to resume indirect peace talks with Israel
- Turkey ready to resume mediation between Israel and Syria
- Syria, Israel resume indirect talks as Olmert ”pleased” with Damascus approach
- Olmert: Israel, Syria open indirect peace talks