Turkey: Bomb suspects expected in court
Nineteen people arrested in connection with last week's bomb attacks against British targets in Istanbul were due to appear in court on Monday, Milliyet reported.
The detained are expected to be formally put under arrest by the court, the newspaper said.
At least 28 people were killed and some 450 more injured in the double suicide car bomb attacks on Thursday against the British consulate and the HSBC offices.
Moreover, Milliyet said DNA tests had enabled officials to identify the bomber who attacked the British consulate as Feridun Ugurlu. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Istanbul blasts: Al Qaeda claims, Turkey makes arrests ; Report: Bombers went to Dubai three weeks before attacks
- Istanbul attacks: Turkish PM vows to defeat ''terrorists'' after at least 27 killed, including top British diplomat
- In Morocco: Three suspects in court following Casablanca bombings
- Bodies of British diplomats killed in Istanbul attack flown back home
- Three Britons Arrested in Saudi Arabia for Alcohol Offences