Turkish police detain man in attempted Premier office security breach
An official from the PM's office also told reporters that police were still investigating the man's intentions, and it was not yet clear if he was carrying explosives.
Turkish media had previously reported on Thursday that police had shot and wounded a man suspected of carrying bombs, but Reuter's PM official source denied the shot allegations.
Television footage from Ankara Thursday further showed the police barricading the streets near the PM's office. Erdogan was reportedly not in the building at the time of the incidents.
- Turkey detains nine British citizens for trying to enter Syria
- 200 Detained in Turkish Protests Against University Watchdog
- Israeli forces attempt to arrest car attack suspect in Hebron
- Police detain 21 suspects from deadly Egyptian soccer game
- Police investigating apparent Erdogan assassination attempt