Turkey Premier to undergo crucial medical check-up
Turkish ailing prime minister, Bulent Ecevit, is to undergo a check-up that is widely expected to show whether he will be able to resume work after an almost two-month absence from office, his spokesman said on Tuesday.
Doctors would first examine Ecevit at home on Wednesday afternoon and then take him to Ankara's Baskent hospital for a comprehensive check-up, Anatolia news agency quoted Ecevit's spokesman Cem Avci as saying.
Avci did not say whether Ecevit would spend the night in the hospital, where he had originally been expected to go on Thursday. (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Turkish Prime Minister grants Civil Servants half-day off to watch team in World Cup semifinals
- Cyprus President to undergo '\'medical check-up'\' in US
- Canadian Specialist Hospital organizes health check-ups for diabetic and hypertensive patients during Ramadan
- Turkish Premier to stay at home for 2-3 more weeks
- More faking things? Dubai races to become ME's plastic surgery hub