Turkish Court Sentences Police Officers for Killing University Student
A Turkish court sentenced on Wednesday four police officers to four and a half months' imprisonment each for the murder of a university student in 1991, reported the Turkish Daily News.
The court also ordered that four other suspects be acquitted and that the files on two suspects not yet caught be set aside.
Presiding Judge Yilmaz gave a guilty verdict to all four on grounds the defendants beat the prisoner to death while trying to force a confession out of him in such a way that the exact culprit could not be determined.
The sentences against the four officers were reduced in accordance with the relevant articles in the Turkish Penal Code from eight years to four and a half years - Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- 10 Turkish Policemen to Go to Jail For Torturing Youngsters
- Court Hands Prison Sentences to Police for Murdering Suspects in Custody
- Egyptian court sentences 4 policemen
- Egyptian court upholds Brotherhood ruling, 183 to receive death penalty
- Jordan: Al-Qaeda members sentenced to jail terms of between 10 and two years