Turkish Court Sentences Police Officers for Killing University Student
A Turkish court sentenced on Wednesday four police officers to four and a half months' imprisonment each for the murder of a university student in 1991, reported the Turkish Daily News.
The court also ordered that four other suspects be acquitted and that the files on two suspects not yet caught be set aside.
Presiding Judge Yilmaz gave a guilty verdict to all four on grounds the defendants beat the prisoner to death while trying to force a confession out of him in such a way that the exact culprit could not be determined.
The sentences against the four officers were reduced in accordance with the relevant articles in the Turkish Penal Code from eight years to four and a half years - Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Court Hands Prison Sentences to Police for Murdering Suspects in Custody
- Turkish police sentenced to 10 years for death of student protester
- Two students killed in Brotherhood-police clashes in Cairo
- Egyptian court sentences 5 Morsi supporters to prison
- Two Egyptian police officers accused of rape released on bail