Turkish foreign minister: Syria ready to resume peace talks with Israel
The Turkish foreign minister, who is currently visiting in Israel, said he was carrying a message of peace from Syria to Israel. Damascus is prepared to renew peace talks without preconditions, the minister, Abdullah Gul, told the Haaretz daily in comments published on Tuesday.
Gul also said the Turkish prime minister plans to visit Israel as part of efforts to improve relations. Gul arrived in Tel Aviv on Monday for two days of talks with Israeli and Palestinian officials. "In my opinion, the Syrian signals are serious and their intentions are good," he told Haaretz. "They expressed willingness to resume negotiations without preconditions and they expect a positive Israeli response."
- Moscow Welcomes Syrian Willingness to Resume Peace Talks with Israel
- Syria Ready to Resume Talks with Israel
- Syria wants to resume indirect peace talks with Israel
- Syria backs Turkish efforts to promote peace talks with Israel
- Syria's Prime Minister expresses readiness to renew peace process with Israel