Turkish Prime Minister, American senators discuss Iraqi issue
United States Senators Joseph Biden and Chuck Hagel arrived Monday in Ankara for talks on the Iraq crisis with Turkish Prime Minister Abdullah Gul, the United States embassy said.
The two members of the US Senate foreign affairs committee, arrived from the Syrian capital of Damascus where they had held talks with Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.
The senators also met with members of the Iraqi Kurdish minority in northern Iraq last week, as well as inspecting American military bases in the Gulf, AFP said.
Meanwhile, Gen. Charles Wald, newly appointed deputy commander of US armed forces in Europe, also arrived in the Turkish capital for talks with the Turkish high command and American civilian and military personnel, according to the American mission. (Albawaba.com)
- Syrian President, Spanish Prime Minister discuss Iraqi issue
- Turkish PM to discuss Iraqi issue in Riyadh, Tehran
- Ecevit: U.S Attack on Iraq Not Expected '\'In The Near Future'\'; Britain, Russia Discuss Iraqi Issue
- Bush invites Sharon to Washington to discuss Iraqi issue
- USA, Turkey Discuss the Issue of Iraq