Turkish Security Delegation in Tehran
A high-ranking Turkish security delegation, headed by Deputy Turkish Interior Minister Rasih Uzbek arrives in
Tehran Sunday for security talks with Iranian officials, reported the official Iranian news agency (IRNA).
Citing a statement from the interior ministry, the agency said the delegation will hold talks on security issues with Iran's Interior Minister Abdulvahed Mousavi Lari and his deputy for security affairs Gholam-Hossein Bolandian.
The delegation’s talks will focus on Ankara’s claims that Tehran backs the Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK).
But Iranian Foreign Minister Kamal Kharrazi in February told his visiting Turkish counterpart Ismail Cem in Tehran that Tehran has never backed the (PKK) which Turkey claims are based on Iranian soil – Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Turkish Foreign Minister Arrives in Tehran Monday for Bilateral Talks
- Ambassador: Turkish Prime Minister to visit Iran soon
- A fruitful visit by Uzbek delegation
- Turkey’s Interior Minister in Iran to Bolster Bilateral Ties
- Hectic diplomatic activity in Tehran: Khatami meets Turkish PM, Kuwaiti FM; Talabani ends visit