Twelfth Night, Hamlet to Grace the Stage in Dubai
Dubai audiences will soon enjoy a tragedy and a comedy representing the true spirit of Shakespeare: Hamlet and Twelfth Night, respectively.
The Khaleej Times said that the British Touring Shakespeare Company, UK's premier drama company, was visiting the emirate for the first time to perform the two masterpieces for four consecutive nights from December 11 to 14 on the lawns of Ritz Carlton Hotel in Dubai.
According to theater director Lattimer Gregory, "thousands of people travel every year to UK to see performance of Shakespeare, but for those who cannot come to Britain, [our troupe] will come to them.
"Both plays we are bringing to Dubai are true to Shakespeare text, but we are a company committed to producing fast, furious and funny work which really brings the script alive. No boring old Shakespeare here."
The company, established in 1999, is famous for the simplicity of its performances, and the reputed skills of its actors and actresses, said the report – Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Dubai Fashion Fiesta begins with glitz and glamour - Celebrities and top notch designers open first night of fashion extravaganza
- A magical night: The Illusionists drew crowds from all around the Gulf
- To be or not to be in the UAE! Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre brings Hamlet to Dubai
- Fashion icon Najwa Karam the Guest of Honor at Dubai's glamorous "World of Fashion 2014"
- South Africaâ€™s glorious night of travel triumph