Twelve Palestinians Injured in Clashes in Gaza Strip
Twelve Palestinian stone throwers were injured Sunday when Israeli troops opened fire on them near the Martyrs Junction, known to Israeli as Netzarim, in the Gaza Strip, witnesses said.
One man was seriously hurt, said sources in Gaza's Shifa hospital, where the injured were taken.
The early afternoon had seen about two hours of calm after the Palestinian police removed demonstrators from the flashpoint area in the wake of an agreement with the Israelis aimed at reducing the tension.
Earlier Sunday, three Palestinians had been injured by Israeli fire near Netzarim, and three others were hurt near the Jewish settlement of Kfar Darom, further south – GAZA CITY (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Twelve Die in Fourth Day of Bloody Israel-Palestinian Clashes
- Palestinian Killed, 60 Injured in Clashes in Gaza Strip, West Bank
- Palestinian Stone-Thrower Killed in Gaza Strip
- About 90 Palestinians Injured in West Bank, Gaza Strip Clashes
- Nine Palestinians Injured in Clashes with Israeli Troops in Gaza Strip