Twelve Palestinians Injured in Clashes in Gaza Strip
Twelve Palestinian stone throwers were injured Sunday when Israeli troops opened fire on them near the Martyrs Junction, known to Israeli as Netzarim, in the Gaza Strip, witnesses said.
One man was seriously hurt, said sources in Gaza's Shifa hospital, where the injured were taken.
The early afternoon had seen about two hours of calm after the Palestinian police removed demonstrators from the flashpoint area in the wake of an agreement with the Israelis aimed at reducing the tension.
Earlier Sunday, three Palestinians had been injured by Israeli fire near Netzarim, and three others were hurt near the Jewish settlement of Kfar Darom, further south – GAZA CITY (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Palestinian Boy Killed in Gaza Clashes
- Israeli Troops Kill Three Palestinians in Fierce Clashes in Gaza Strip
- Israeli Army Opens Fire on Protestors in Netzarim, Injures Palestinian
- Eight Palestinians Wounded in Explosion at Security Compound in Gaza
- Ten Injured After Fight between Israeli and Palestinian Forces