Two dead, two missing following oil tanker explosion off UAE coast
Two people were killed and two were reported missing after an explosion aboard an oil tanker off the coast of Fujairah, the official Emirates News Agency reported Wednesday.
The blast took place while "quantities of oil were being transported and unloaded between two tankers seven nautical miles from the UAE coast," it quoted an official source as saying.
Fujairah port director Mussa Murad said fires aboard the two vessels had been quickly extinguished.
Officials have launched an investigation into the incident, the source said. (Albawaba.com)
- Five Dead Aboard in Tanker Explosion Near Athens
- Two Fishermen Killed in Boat Blast off UAE
- French tanker explodes off Yemen; Diplomat speaks about possible ''terrorist act'', Yemen officials deny
- 12 dead, many missing as migrant-smuggling ship sinks off Libyan coast
- Dead and Missing Near 200 as Chinese Typhoon Causes Landslide