Two Hamas men killed as report claims al Qaeda member extradited to Egypt
Two Hamas fighters were shot dead by Israeli forces as they were spotted advancing towards the border fence between Israel and Gaza Strip late Sunday night.
Meanwhile, the Palestinian news agency Ma'an reported on Monday that Hamas had extradited a wanted Al-Qaeda man to Egypt in exchange for Cairo's agreement to allow dozens of stranded Hamas and Islamic Jihad members to return to the Gaza Strip on Sunday. Israel said Cairo's unexpected move contradicted agreements Israel had with Egypt regarding the Rafah Crossing.
Ma'an said the wanted as Qaeda suspect was involved in attacks inside Egypt but lately found a shelter in the Hamas-run Gaza Strip.
- Egypt allows 85 Hamas members enter Gaza Strip
- Israel sets conditions for calm as Palestinian dialogue will be held in Cairo
- Gaza Strip: Two Palestinians die, Hamas bans Fatah rallies
- Abbas: Hamas allowed al Qaeda activists enter Gaza Strip
- Haniyeh calls for calm on border as Egypt reopens Rafah crossing