Two Iranian Policemen Killed in Bomb Blast
Two Iranian policemen were killed in a bomb blast in the western city of Orumiyeh, reported official Iranian news agency (IRNA), quoting a local press report Thursday.
The Persian daily, Norouz, said that the bomb, planted in a suitcase in front of a house, went off when the two policemen were in the process of opening the suitcase. Earlier, a woman had tipped the police of a suspicious suitcase left in front of her house, the paper said.
Citing an informed local police source, the paper said that the person suspected of being behind the explosion has already been arrested.
The same source said that security forces identified the suspected bomber in the western city of Sardasht as Loqman Abdollah-Zadeh eight hours after the explosion – Albawaba.com
- Stun Bomb Blast Reported Near Indian Consulate in Iran
- Three US soldiers killed in Iraq, blast near Baghdad police station kills one person
- Libyan suitcase bombs injure 13
- Unknown Group Claims Responsibility for Jerusalem Bomb which Killed Israeli MK's Daughter
- Seven dead in Baghdad blast; 119 policemen killed in October